Ultraviolet light deactivates the DNA of bacteria, viruses and other pathogens and destroys their ability to multiply and cause disease. ultraviolet units with the finest quality of electro polished, rust-resistant stainless steel. The system allows water to come in contact with Ultra Violet rays. These systems facilitate ease of installation and maintenance. Its operational costs are also low.
No change in taste, odor, pH, conductivity of water
Immediate treatment process, no need for holding tanks, & retention times, so footprint is small.
Extremely economical due to low capital, operational & maintenance costs.
More effective against viruses than chlorine - Chlorine is becoming less acceptable because of harmful by products, handling problems, & risk of overdosing
Simplicity and ease of maintenance, periodic cleaning, and annual lamp replacement, no moving parts to wear out
No chemicals added to the water supply – resulting in no byproducts & no need for specialized storage requirements
Easy installation, only two water connections and a power connection
Ultraviolet light deactivates the DNA of bacteria, viruses and other pathogens and destroys their ability to multiply and cause disease. Specifically, UV light causes damage to the nucleic acid of micro organisms by forming covalent bonds between certain adjacent bases in the DNA. The formation of such bonds prevents the DNA to reproduce. For the past 100 years science has recognized the bactericidal effects of the ultraviolet area of the electromagnetic spectrum. The specific wavelengths responsible for this reaction are situated between 240 - 280 nanometers (referred to as nm) with a peak wavelength of 265 nm and are known as UV-C.